3. Railton to Sheffield - 12.2km
18 Jan 2025
Clear skies and warm mid to high 20s.
It was a short 12km but took me 6/7 hours as there was a 30 chache long geocache series I wanted to collect along the way. Started the day at 9am just in time to join the Railton Parkrun - this made the first couple of geocaches nigh impossible. The ferns and Red creek Falls were very lovely.
Camped at Tasmanian Trail campsite 2 in Sheffield, were there is drinking water but currently no access to the pony club toilets so I had to make the trek up to the local park. Had a campers pantry rehydrated Mexican bean mix in a wrap for dinner - was surprisingly tasty.
On bush paths,
Through forestry,
And down mountain bike access roads I went.
A cave at red creek Falls.
Some locals.
Camp 2 next to the Sheffield cricket ground.






Comments
Post a Comment