7. Quamby Corner to Liffey Falls - 11.5km
(Unfortunately I lost all my photos for the remainder of the walk 😭, so my words will have to suffice)
22 Jan 2025
Clear skies, mid 20s
I am on battery rations for the next 5 days, so I've started writing my daily summaries by hand.
Just a short walk to Liffey Falls campground today (11 km) where I will do the walk to falls - a 6 km round trip. Bogan Rd was quite peaceful for the most part. Some great views and nice bushland as apposed to pine plantations. There was the occasional car but as the road is single lane and gravel they weren't going too fast.
I arrived at Liffey campground just after 12 and found a nice spot to set up for the night. Liffey campground appears very popular, with at least 25 different groups here with all manner of shelters - tents, cars, vans, caravans, swags. After a spot of lunch I headed up the creek to see the falls.
The Liffey Falls walk was a great short walk, some would even say that it is one of Tasmania's 60 great short walks. The falls were serene and I spent a while just sitting around watching the water fall.
I'm onto my dehydrated hiking meals, so tonight was a veggie cottage pie, which was very delicious. I was in bed by 7 - a new record, and there was no sign of tomorrow's forecasted rain, fingers crossed it stays away.
1 snake (dead?)
Comments
Post a Comment