8. Liffey falls to blackwood creek - 21.7km
23 Jan 2025
Maybe I jinxed it but the rain did arrive by 11pm. Luckily it stopped by 7am giving me a nice opportunity to pack down camp without getting too soaked. Left Liffey Falls at 8:30am. Lots of fairywrens about on the walk down Bogon road.
10:15 snack break at the Liffey baptist church (could camp). Made it to the Old Liffey school house by 11:30 (would camp, no booking needed just a donation). Two work men were patching up the exterior and roof. Things I did while on lunch: dry out my very wet fly, find a geocache, watch the clouds, cook up some 2 min noodles. Finished my long lunch at Liffey school at 12:50 and set of towards Blackwood creek.
The rain was on and off as I walked the 11.5km to my potential camp destination. There are no official tas trail camp spots after the school house, which would have made it a long 27km, +800m elevation walk to poatina intake. My unofficial camp spot means it'll only be a 16.5 km (or 18.5km if I divert of poatina road) tomorrow to poatina intake camp - a much more manageable distance for me.
Another dehydrated meal tonight - creamy carbonara - not the best and defs lacked some protein.
2 churches, 2 cemeteries, 1 little snake, 1 echidna, 1 ride offered
Comments
Post a Comment